Festivals and Special Events
- JAN / 01st: Mariners’ Procession for Nosso Senhor Bom Jesus dos Navegantes in Salvador.
- Second Thursday of January: Procession and Washing of Bonfim in Salvador.
- Last Sunday of January: São Lázaro Feast
- FEB / 2nd: Yemanjá Feast: One of the most popular and crowdy during Salvador summer in Salvador Rio Vermelho neighborhood.
FEBRUARY or MARCH
- CARNAVAL (depending on Easter date)
MARCH or APRIL
- Holly Week Friday: Dead Lord Procession. From Basilica Cathedral in Pelourinho through Historical District streets.
- Holly Week Sunday: Solemn Mass in Basilica Cathedral in Pelourinho.
- APR / 23rd: São Jorge procession
- MAY / 10th: São Francisco Xavier, patron of Salvador
- JUN / 04th to 13th: 13-day Prayer Vigil and Feast to Santo Antônio in the Church of Santo Antonio, Historical Center of Salvador.
- JUN / 24th: The June Festivities. Main commemoration happens in Pelourinho with forros dancing, and music shows during several days.
- JUN / 29th: São Pedro, protector of widows and fishermen ends the June Festivities.
- JUL / 02nd: Celebrations of Bahia Independence Day.
AUGUST (African Ancestrality Month)
- AUG / 13th to 17th: Festival in honor of Our Lady of Good Death: City of Cachoeira. One of the most important for both Catholic and Candomblé religions.
- AUG / 16th: Festival in honor of São Roque and São Lázaro / Omolu in Salvador
- SEP / 27th: São Cosme and São Damião Festival / Ibeji Twins in Salvador. September is traditional month for caruru dish to pay tribute to the Holly Twins.
- OCT / 04th: São Francisco de Assis
- OCT / 12th: Our Lady of Aparecida Feast Day
- OCT / 28th: Festival in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary of Black Men in Pelourinho, Salvador.
- NOV / 20th: Black Awareness Day
- NOV / 25th: Baiana’s Day to pay tribute to the acarajé baianas with a mass in Nossa Senhora do Rosário dos Pretos church in Pelourinho.
- DEC / 02nd: Samba Day: Historic District, Salvador.
- DEC / 04th: Yansã / Oyá / Santa Bárbara procession in Pelourinho streets going to the firemen station.
- DEC / 08th: Festival in honor of Our Lady of Conceição da Praia, patroness of Salvador, in her curch in Comercio district.
- DEC / 24th: Christmas
- DEC / 31st: New Year’s Eve with fireworks and concert at Barra Lighthouse
- Tuesdays of the Blessing (Terça da Bênção): Pelourinho, Salvador
- Traditional Mass at São Francisco Church – Terreiro de Jesus
- African Mass – Church of Our Lady of the Blacks, Pelourinho, Salvador
- Thursdays on the Stairs of Passo Church Music Performance – Pelourinho, Salvador
- Music events on the main Pelourinho squares
- Batucada (traditional drum bands) in Pelourinho streets.